RECIPE: Nutkrack Caramel Corn
It's the perfect time of year to get cozy on the couch and watch a scary movie. Turn the lights off, grab your favorite blanket, and prepare to get scared. Of course, no movie night is complete without popcorn, but why settle for regular old popcorn when you can have Nutkrack Caramel Corn!? This recipe takes the popcorn we all grew up pairing with our favorite horror flicks and transforms it into a terrifyingly delicious concoction!
- 8 cups popped popcorn (about ⅓ to ½ cup unpopped)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup Nutkrack pieces
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup instant butter pecan pudding mix (dry)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- After popping, discard un-popped popcorn kernels.
- Spray a 17x12x2” roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the popped corn and Nutkrack in the pan.
- In a separate pan, heat butter and corn syrup, then stir in pudding mix and vanilla. Pour mixture over popcorn.
- Bake in oven at 300 degrees for 16 minutes, stirring halfway through baking.
- Remove pan from oven and turn mixture onto a large piece of foil.
- Cool popcorn completely.
- When cool, break into large pieces and serve.
Adapted with permission from Recipes | ILovePecans