RECIPE: Easy, Gooey, Delicious Nutkrack Cinnamon Rolls
If you had the privilege of smelling freshly made cinnamon rolls in the oven as a kid — you're one of the lucky ones. If you didn't, here's your chance to create that experience for yourself!
It's officially fall after all! Which means it is finally socially acceptable to sip your favorite (possibly pumpkin-y) warm beverage and scroll through autumnal recipes you may or may not get around to making (or is that just me?). I personally LOVE fall and tend to overwhelm myself with dozens of mouth-watering, cozy, and warming recipes on my phone.
This cinnamon roll recipe, my friends, is not the one to skip! Imagine the delight on your loved ones' faces as they dash into the kitchen to discover these piping hot cinnamon rolls just waiting to be devoured.
This recipe is...
...and 1,000 times better than store-bought cinnamon rolls!
And there's one more thing. This recipe calls for a bit of our Classic Nutkrack. And let me tell you, the crunchy, buttery goodness of our famous candied pecans only makes this recipe sparkle even more. Not only does Nutkrack add a beautiful, festive garnish — it adds a scrumptious crunch when added to the filling.
Pro tip: Our two-pound bulk bags of Classic Nutkrack are perfect for adding to recipes!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoon very soft unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped Classic Nutkrack
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk or pecan milk
- Preheat your oven to 200° F.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix together the flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- Mix the butter mixture into the flour. Add the egg and mix until the dough is no longer sticky, about 3 to 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for about 5 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, roll it out in a 15”x12” rectangle, with the long side closest to you.
- Spread the softened butter over the dough, making sure to spread edge to edge. Mix together the dark brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the surface of the dough. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the dough and press lightly to make sure they stick.
- Starting with the long side closest to you, tightly roll up the dough, jelly-roll fashion. Slice the roll into 12 equal pieces. Place in a lightly greased 9”x13” baking pan and cover with foil.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in the oven to rise for 20 minutes.
- Keeping the rolls in the oven, remove the foil and turn on the oven to 375°F. Bake the cinnamon rolls for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool while making the glaze.
- Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 Tablespoons pecan milk together until smooth and lump-free. Drizzle over warm rolls.
- DEVOUR THEM!
For more amazing Nutkrack-inspired recipes, subscribe to our mailing list!
Adapted with permission from Recipes | ILovePecans