RECIPE: Nutkrack & Cinnamon Biscuits
Makes 12 biscuits
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- ¾ c. butter, cut into quarter inch cubes
- 1½ c. buttermilk
- ⅔ c. Nutkrack classic pecans, chopped
- ⅔ c. raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter and flour a cookie sheet or line with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add butter and reduce lumps to small bits with fingertips, incorporating into flour mixture. The mixture will be shaggy and dry but there should be no large lumps of butter.
- Stir in buttermilk, Nutkrack, and raisins (optional). (Do not over mix, or biscuits will be tough).
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet, spacing 2” apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until biscuits are firm and golden.
- Cool and serve immediately.
For more amazing Nutkrack-inspired recipes, subscribe to our mailing list!
Adapted with permission from Recipes | ILovePecans