RECIPE: Nutkrack Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
These festive treats are reminiscent of the classic holiday snowball cookie but with a Nutkrack and chocolatey twist. Nutkrack staff can confirm these pair well with tea, hot chocolate, or a hot toddy!
Makes 30-36 cookies
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup powdered sugar, plus 1 cup for dusting
¼ tsp salt
1½ tsp vanilla extract
1¼ cups flour
1 cup finely chopped Nutkrack candied pecans
¾ mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl with a rubber spatula. Mix in salt, vanilla, flour, and pecans, then add mini chocolate chips.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll batter into one inch balls and place on baking sheets a few inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Pour 1 cup powdered sugar in a large wide bowl. Add 3-4 cookies at a time and roll them gently in the powdered sugar. Use a fork to scoop under each cookie and gently shake to remove excess powdered sugar.
- Place on cooling racks. Once cookies are completely cool, roll them in the powdered sugar bowl again.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.