RECIPE: Mini Nutkrack Turtles
Buying gifts and planning family gatherings can be stressful, but one taste of these tiny turtles might help you slow down and enjoy what the holidays are all about. For a festive look, top with holiday sprinkles or dust lightly with flaky sea salt while the chocolate is still warm!
(Makes about 36 turtles)
¼ pound Nutkrack candied pecans
(1) 11 oz bag baking caramels (such as Kraft baking caramels or make your own!)
8-12 oz, Ambrosia milk or dark chocolate, roughly cut into small to medium chunks
Festive sprinkles or flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place Nutkrack pecans in pairs, spread out evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place a caramel cube on each pair of pecans and melt lightly in the oven for 2-5 minutes (time will vary depending on the oven). The caramels should be soft but not melting completely or spilling onto parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in a large bowl in the microwave on low power or in a sauce pan on the stove on low heat. Stir constantly until melted completely.
- Remove pecans with caramels from the oven.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of each caramel (about ½-1 tbsp of chocolate per pecan pair).
- For a festive look, add sprinkles or sea salt while chocolate is still warm.