Recipe: Green Goddess Salad with Nutkrack (VEG, GF, Keto)
This GREEN and GODDESSLY salad is full of veggies, healthy grains, and crunch. It's vegan, gluten-free, and keto-friendly, and still JAM-PACKED with flavor! This recipe calls for Everything Nutkrack, but Classic or Firekracker will work too! :)
- 2 scallions, minced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 large ripe avocado, flesh only
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 3 cups mixed greens (spinach, arugula, chard, kale)
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1/2 cup Everything Nutkrack candied pecans, coarsely chopped
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a food processor and processing until smooth. Add a little more water or oil to thin if necessary. Taste test and set aside. (If you don’t have a food processor, hand mince herbs and avocado as best as you can. Then shake all dressing ingredients in a large mason jar.)
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer under cool running water, then combine it in a saucepan with two cups of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until quinoa has absorbed the liquid and can easily be fluffed with a fork, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is still warm, toss it with the mixed greens so the leaves wilt down a bit. Stir in the edamame, Nutkrack, radishes, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serves 4. Store leftover dressing in a sealed container in the fridge.
For more amazing Nutkrack-inspired recipes, subscribe to our mailing list!