RECIPE: Banana Oat Dark Chocolate & Nutkrack Cookies
When you love Nutkrack and you find yourself with overripe bananas, make some Banana Oat Dark Chocolate & Nutkrack cookies! These soft and chunky cookies are a delicious treat to enjoy on a lazy fall afternoon or to share with your favorite coworkers.
(Makes 20 cookies)
1 medium banana
¼ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup dark chocolate chips
½ cup Nutkrack Classic pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mash banana in a large bowl and then add both sugars, butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips and Nutkrack pecans.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop heaping 1 tablespoon cookies onto sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until just starting to turn brown.
- Cool on pans for 5 minutes and then move cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.