RECIPE: A healthy treat: Nutkrack Banana Bread
Banana Bread simply doesn’t get as much love as it deserves. With this recipe those days are over. It’s easy to make, and provides a delicious treat without being overly sweet. Adding chopped Nutkrack gets you an awesome crunch to contrast the fluffiness of the bread and revitalizes this often overlooked snack. Nutkrack transforms this recipe from something boring to do with your bruised bananas to a beloved staple in your regular baking rotation!
Ingredients1¾ cups whole wheat flour
½ cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
½ cup butter
2 ripe bananas (mashed)
½ cup Nutkrack (coarsely chopped)
1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix first four ingredients with fork.
- Use knife to cut in butter until mixture has crumbly appearance.
- With fork, stir bananas, Nutkrack, lemon peel and eggs into flour mixture until flour is just moistened.
- Spoon batter into lightly greased 9×5″ loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40-50mins
Adapted with permission from Recipes | ILovePecans