RECIPE: Spicy Firekracker Quiche! (gluten and keto-friendly)
When’s the last time you had a spicy quiche? If you answered never then we have something special for you. With the addition of Firekracker, not to mention bacon, this recipe has something a little extra that pretty much all quiches are lacking…full flavor.
This recipe can be gluten free or keto friendly with an easy adaptation of the pastry shell!
1 Tbsp. butter (melted)
8 slices bacon (cooked, crumbled)
4 eggs (beaten)
½ tsp. salt
1 dash nutmeg
1 onion (chopped)
⅓ cup Firekracker (chopped)
1 cup cheddar or Swiss cheese (shredded)
2 cups half and half
1 dash black pepper
9” quiche/pastry shell (gluten free or keto if you want!)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare quiche/pastry shell and bake at 450 degrees for five minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and pour into baked quiche shell. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes more, until knife inserted off center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Adapted with permission from Recipes | ILovePecans