RECIPE: Apple Nutkrack Pancakes
Wake up the right way with this awesome take on an American breakfast classic. Extra fluffy pancakes topped with caramelized apple slices and of course, Nutkrack! Sweet, savory, warm, gooey, and crunchy. What’s not to love?
Ingredients1 cup flour
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
¾ cup (plus 2 tsp.) milk
2 eggs (separated)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup apples (peeled, finely chopped)
½ cup plus ¼ cup Nutkrack (chopped)
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in milk, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add apples and ½ cup Nutkrack.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold into batter.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto a hot, greased griddle or skillet.
- Turn when bubbles begin to form and the edges are golden.
- Cook until the second side is golden, then serve topped with remaining Nutkrack and a favorite syrup.
Adapted with permission from Recipes | ILovePecans